Japan Blog Directory – October 2011 Update
we are up and running for almost a month now! It’s time for an update on what happened on the Japan Blog Directory during its first month of existence.
ADDITIONS TO THE JAPAN BLOG DIRECTORY
Thanks to all for the many many applications for registration. We had a hard time keeping up with the demand and reading through all these very interesting blogs covering all kind of aspects of Japan. By the end of October we listed a total of 100 Japan blogs in 21 categories.
Featured Japan Blogs
Every month we feature a few blogs we really liked. In October 2011 we featured one blog:
Traffic directed to other Japan related blogs
In our first full month of existence we re-directed 1911 clicks to blogs listed on our directory. Here are the top 10 receivers for the month of October 2011:
- 1000 Things about Japan
- Fashion in Japan
- Adventures of a Foreign Salaryman in Tokyo
- Tokyo Fashion Diaries
- Nihongo Ichiban
- Gaijin Wife
- Japan’s Subculture Research Center
- Get to Japan
- Green Eyed Geisha
- Black Tokyo
THE FOLLOWING SITES PROMOTed THE JAPAN BLOG DIRECTORY
A big thank you to all bloggers who helped spreading the word by mentioning us or posting a link to us on their website. Here is the summary for last month:
- Japan Subculture Research Center wrote a nice article about us – BIG THANKS
Thank you very much for all you valuable input. It allowed us to significantly improve the appearance and functionality of the directory.
- We added the option to share posts
- We added a section for blogs in other than English languages (French, Spanish, Italian & German) and already listed 5 new blogs
- We significantly improved the layout and contents of the articles for introducing new posts
- We added an advanced RSS feed
Do you have a suggestion or idea on how to further improve the directory? Please let us and others using the comment section.